Let's do this...

Another blog, just what the world needs. I'm sure I won't write about anything that hasn't already been written. But I wanted to start a blog for all our family and friends who are spread all over this wide world. I've been so blessed in my life with a wonderful family and fantastic friends (some who have turned into family). I'm hoping for many more adventures in the future and thought that for those of you who might not be able to experience it with me or us, we could share it with you from a distance.

My sensational husband Patrick is a Naval Officer. Right now he's on a deployment. It's our first deployment and I'm making it through. It was awfully hard to say goodbye to him, but now I'm on a roll. We've made it through the first couple months and so far so good. I miss him like crazy, but I know that in the end that's going to make his homecoming that much more exciting. And what's better once he's back we're leaving Jacksonville, FL (where we're currently stationed). I can't wait to go, though that means leaving some incredible new friends.

I never thought I'd marry a Military man, but that's what was in the cards for me. And though I hate when he's gone I'm so proud of him. I don't believe in all the politics of the military, but I do believe in our soldiers and sailors. I think that what they do is admirable and extremely hard. It's also hard on all those families who have to share their husband, wives, sons, daughters, fathers, and mothers.

I'm not really sure how this entry turned into a patriotic salute, so I apologize. But if I stick with this, and you stick with me you'll learn that I have a very interesting stream of consciousness. It's not always direct and often veers off on many roads. I'll be happy if only two people read this (that means you dad).

Comments