I'm back....for a bit.



After nearly 12 hours in the car I made it from the very southern tip of Florida back home to the north. Before I left I was really excited for the drive to see all of Florida, but I have something to tell you, Florida looks the same. The whole dang way the scenery never changed. I was thinking about when driving through Washington or Oregon and how much diversity there is, and how beautiful it is.

Although I wasn't feeling 100% I had fun in Key West, it was so great to have some quality time with my family. I was expecting something a little different. I was imagining bright colored houses, beautiful turquoise water, and amazing scenery. I have to say I was a little disappointed. Duval street is the main drag and it's full of ridiculous shops and drunk tourists. After all it was Spring Break AND St. Patrick's Day. I have to admit that while I'm a tourist a lot, I dislike tourists. I get annoyed so easily. I need to be a more patient and understanding person, but sometimes that's a little hard.

One of the coolest things that we did was go to the butterfly conservatory. It was amazing! If you don't know me that well, I'm really a 14 year old girl at heart. I love Twilight, Disney World, my favorite color has been purple (since I was 3 years old), and butterflies. I don't know what my fascination is, but I think they are beautiful and so diverse. In this conservatory there were hundreds and hundreds of butterflies. We walked through and watched the butterflies flying around us, some even taking a little rest on our shoulders.
One day we went on the Conch train. Remember how I told you that I dislike tourists? Well sometimes you can't help but to be one, but I try to be the best tourist I can be. I've done a variation of these tours in about 10 different cities, maybe more. I like taking these bus tours because you get oriented to the town and learn a lot of history. Key West has a surprising amount of history, and this tour was very fast and informative.
Though I may not have loved Key West, I had a fantastic time with my family. They did such a wonderful job taking care of me when I was sick. I wasn't sure that I could make it, because I was feeling that bad, but I sure am glad that I did. We played many games of Scrabble and had some pool time. Erik (my brother-in-law) and I had some great conversations and wonderful food. The very first time I hung out with Erik it was like we were already family. We've always been able to just hang out and have a good time.

Comments