Friends!

I have been so lucky in my life to be blessed with amazing friends. Since being married to someone in the Navy and living as far away in the lower 48's as is possible from my family, I've come to learn just how important friends are. In many cases they become a part of your family. This may begin in part by a necessity to not feel utterly alone and isolated in a new place. But in the end buds into a beautiful and life-long friendship.

As this is our first station I have come to find how imperative it is to have someone around whom you can laugh with, cry with, chat with, share with. The list goes on and on. These friends come to mean more than you could ever imagine. And though I am far from many of my friends I have collected over my life, they are as important as the ones near.

I have heard, and have come to find, that military friends are like a family. We are all in the same boat (no pun intended, well maybe a little) Though we may not go through the same emotions at the same time, we can often sympathize and at times empathize with one another. All of my friends here have been married to their husbands and the Navy longer than me, and I'm learning so much from these wonderful and strong women. I never knew that I could find such phenomenal friends, from so many different walks of life. However, I feel that I've started with the very best group I could possibly have and it's hard for me to believe that it gets better from here. Because, really, how can it?

So I'd like to take a moment and let each of my friends know (when/if they ever decide to read this) that I think you are amazing, that I cherish our friendship, and that I love each one of you. Thank you for all that you do.

Comments