Patience

I'm told that patience is a very good and admirable trait to possess. Unfortunately I am not one of those people, and find myself struggling with patience. Sometimes understanding as well. I never knew how much my patience would be tested when I married my military man. I'm always waiting (and not always patiently). Waiting for his return, waiting for phone calls and emails, waiting for news, and most recently waiting on orders.

I'm one of those people that love change and find the possibility of living in new places exhilarating and fun. Especially after Jacksonville, I can't wait to move on to our next adventure. Especially since it should be shore duty. Which means Patrick will be all mine for 2-3 years. No ships! He's stuck with me day in and day out.

We've had an idea of where we're going since December. We were told that he would have orders by March. I have a feeling that March is going to come and go without those orders. This is where my patience is being tried. I know that there is so much work to be done to cut one set of orders, and I respect that. I think that by the end of all this though I may have an ulcer. I get stressed out thinking about all the things that have to be done in 3-5 months. My mind starts racing and the list grows and grows.

I'm so excited about the possibility of going where we're supposed to be going. (Could I be any more vague?) And that's what I'm most impatient about. I want to shout it from the rooftops and start planning for all the new adventures that await. Overall I think that for me the most important thing to remember is that Patrick will be back, we'll be together, and we'll make the best out of any situation that is handed to us.

Comments

  1. Hang in there Em! Once you have those orders....I will help you with all that I know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment