Happy Mothers Day!

I am so blessed to have many beautiful mothers in my life. Of course, number one is my mom. We have one of the best and closest relationships. Hardly a day goes by that we don't talk, at least once, sometimes more. She is so important to me, I don't know what I would do without her. I am thankful for her everyday, especially on mothers day.

I'm also blessed with a wonderful mother in law. Most of my friends who are married don't have much of a relationship with their in laws, or have a bad relationship. I really got lucky. My mother in law accepts me for who I am, and loves me like one of her own. We have been able to form a lasting bond over the last few years, and I'm so happy to have her in my life.

Tonight I was thrilled to have three beautiful mothers to my house for dinner. Two of them have husbands on the same ship as mine, and one of them is one of my girlfriend's moms. I wanted to have them over for dinner so that I could honor them and let them know that I think they are wonderful mothers. We had a lovely dinner, filled with great conversation and food.

One of my favorite events of the night was wrestling with two of the most lovely little boys, my friends two year old little ones. They have both stolen my heart and I love to spend time with them. I love tickling them until they can hardly breathe. There's nothing better than a child's laughter. Someday I'll celebrate mothers day with my friends, but for now I'm content to cook dinner for my friends and play with their little ones.

Comments