I heart Tim McGraw!

Tonight was a good night. The Player's Championship is a golf tournament that is in Ponte Vedra Beach, about 15 minutes from where I live. Tonight Tim McGraw put on a short (4 song set) concert for military appreciation. He was at the end of the 18th hole, outside the club house. He was surrounded by military personnel in uniform. Tim is one of my favorite artists. When I first started to get interested in country I started with him. I think I have nearly all his CD's and have seen him in concert twice. I think he's incredibly sexy and has an amazing voice.

I went with my friend Christine and her adorable little boy Anders. We weren't sure if it would be worth the effort to go, but after we left we were glad that we had the opportunity to go. There was a big crowd and it was ridiculously hot and humid out, but most of all it was fun. For those of you who may not listen to country, Tim has a song titled 'If You're Reading This'. It's about a young man who goes to war, but writes a just in case letter. A letter that if something happens while he's deployed here's what he wants to have happen. When I realized what song he was singing I lost it.


As a Navy wife I try my best to be strong, to be happy and proud. If I'm sad I don't normally show it too much. I don't want Patrick to think that I miss him terribly and that my heart breaks a little bit every time he leaves. That I miss talking to him, telling him about my day, and making him laugh with my crazy antics. But sometimes, every once in a while, I miss him deeply and I can't keep it together. This was one of those times. Sometimes you've just got to cry, and once you've stopped you feel better for having cried.
So thank you Tim McGraw. Thank you for being a nice guy and singing a few songs for all those military members and their spouses who work so hard. Thank you for your cute butt, and your sweet voice. Not necessarily in that order.

Comments