Recovering on my birthday

I went through with the surgery. On the 21st I had my adenoids removed, polyps removed, and my deviated septum fixed. I was so incredibly fortunate to have my dear friends help me through. My very pregnant friend Christine sat with me for 4 hours until I went into surgery. Naturally the doctor was late, so what was supposed to be 2 turned into 4. If I had been left to my own devices I'm pretty sure I would have had an ulcer the size of a grapefruit from worrying too much.

Before the surgery my doc came to talk to me about the procedure and asked me if I wanted to stay the night, in fact he recommended that I did. So when I came out of surgery 3 hours later my other dear friend Jess was waiting in my hospital room. Despite my painful and rather disgusting appearance she came immediately to my side and gave me a gentle hug. She stayed with me for, well, I'm not sure quite how long and stroked my hair as I lay in great amounts of pain.

I've basically been recovering ever since, for a night at Jess's and a few at Christine's. They were so generous and helpful, there is nothing that they wouldn't have done for me. I truly felt that though I may not have my family here, I had my extended family here, my military family. There was no way I could have made it through without them. I will be eternally grateful and blessed.

Today is my birthday, I feel better than I did yesterday, but still not great. I want to wake up tomorrow and be able to breath through my nose and have no pain. I don't think that's going to happen, but everyday is getting a bit better. My wonderful friends Christine, Barrie, and Sarah took me to a pancake breakfast with the two other amazing men in my life Anders and Sam. The pancakes came complete with a lit candle and the birthday song. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Comments