Gingerbread Village

I have a very talented friend.  She's an awesome baker, and cake decorator.  She recently made the cupcakes for my shower (which I'll write about once I have some pictures).  I've seen some of her work and I'm always amazed by what she can do.  Last weekend we went to their house for dinner and to decorate gingerbread houses.  I was under the impression that she had some left over houses from a children's party she and her daughters attended.  Boy was I wrong.  She had gone online to print off templates for different buildings, and had even made her own template for a Little House on the Prairie house.

Before dinner we assembled the houses (with very detailed and sometimes confusing directions) and let them set.  After dinner we decorated the houses with all the candy you can think of.  It was a blast!  Patrick was responsible for a Church and I made the Country Store.  Patrick finished much before me and retired to the couch.  Unfortunately I couldn't quite finish all of mine before we had to head home.  Maybe next year?





This is my vegetable box.  Can you tell what the veggies are?

Comments