Week 35 and 36

How was everybody's Christmas?  Ours was very nice.  In the military community you quickly discover that your friends are also a part of your family.  We are so often far away from our family during holidays and celebrations.  This year we hosted Christmas dinner at our house, and it was lovely.  Our friends brought a couple dishes to share, and we supplemented the rest.  I'm always so worried that there won't be enough food, which means that there is always too much food.  But as my Dad likes to say "More's better, and too much is just right."

Patrick and I started a new tradition this year.  We made lefse.  I didn't think I liked lefse until I had it fresh off the griddle in Norway.  This year I thought it would be fun to make some ourselves, and it turned out pretty well.  After ricing the potatoes, adding cream, butter, sugar, and letting it sit overnight, the next day I added the flour.  However, having never made it before I was unsure of the correct consistency and texture.  That's where youtube came in.  Patrick and I watched a video to help us figure it out.  Once I had it down I rolled out the dough and Patrick fried it in the frying pan.  We had fun, and it tasted great.  (Though I thought it was a little thick.)



We started our weekly doctors appointments this week.  My belly is growing bigger by the day, and our little guy loves to stick what I think must be a bended knee out.  It is such an unbelievable feeling, that is amazing and indescribable.  Our doctor took a quick ultrasound to make sure that his head was down, and it was, though a little off to the side, so she may have to check again in the weeks coming up.  I was staring at the screen trying to discern something, anything, but I could not see one darn thing.  I guess he's just too big now.  Oh well, hopefully I'll be seeing him sooner rather than later.

Here are my belly shots from weeks 35 and 36, week 35 was after Christmas dinner, and the two days of prep so I look a bit tired.





Comments