Lieutenant Pinning

About two weeks ago I was taking a nap (still recovering from my trek to Alaska and back), when Patrick came into the room to inform me that I would be pinning him that day.  And 'Could you also make a treat for the ceremony?'  So I groggily roused myself from my slumber and sent Patrick to the store to get ingredients for chocolate chip cookies.  I was able to make a few dozen cookies and have myself ready to go in about three hours.

After a nice speech from Patrick's commander I was able to remove the old Lieutenant Junior Grade pins, and replace them with the sparkly new Lieutenant pins.  I've been able to pin Patrick for both of his promotions, and I hope that we can keep the tradition rolling.  I think that he's a great Officer, and he serves his country well.  I'm always proud of my handsome husband, but on this day I was even more proud.

Here are some photos from the pinning:



Comments