Orders!!!!

We have orders! Finally. I'm so excited. I can now announce that we are going to Italy. Sicily to be exact. They said that we would have our orders by March, and that was true. March 31st, that is. I'm certainly not complaining. We are to report to Sigonella no later than August, and we'll be there for three years. We've known since December that we could possibly go, but until we had orders in hand I didn't want to believe it.

While in college I studied in Siena, Italy and had an amazing time. Italy is such a beautiful country with a wonderful culture. I've dreamed of going back to live, but never imagined that it would be possible. Now I'm going back with my incredible husband. I've been daydreaming about the adventures we'll have, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather experience them with.

To sweeten the deal even more I have a dear friend and her wonderful husband over there. Nicole and I met our freshman year in college, and from the moment I met her I knew she was one of the sweetest, most sincere, and genuine people I had ever met. When she married Lew, a great guy that we went to college with as well, I was so happy for her. They make such a great couple and a brilliant team. And luckily for me he is also a Supply Officer. Nicole has now been my sounding board and adviser for a few years.

It's amazing how Nicole and my life has run parallel to each other, and what's better for me Nicole is a few steps ahead. So whenever I have questions or need to vent I can turn to her and she reassures me that she's been there before and that it will be OK. There have been many times that her reassurance has gotten me through a hard time. And thinking about having this time to share together, in Italy no less, is so exciting.

Comments

  1. Ah, Em! You made me tear up....no joke. I'm a blog stalker by the way. I love reading your musings. I'm so, so, so happy to have you living here. We have so many good times ahead of us. God has certainly blessed us and our lives. Thanks for your friendship, you're so dear to me! I want the time to go by quickly so you can get over here, I know how much more anxious you are than me. Keep up the blogs, they are wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment