Soren's First Christmas

Well the day has come and gone.  The day that I wait all year for, and get so sad when it's over, Christmas.  This year was extra special with Soren's first Christmas.  Though he is still a little young to really get what's going on.  I'm hoping maybe next year he'll understand it more.  We had a lovely leisurely morning of opening gifts, eating breakfast casserole and fruit salad, and watching Soren play with some of his new toys.  Then it was time for us to get down to business.

We invited around 20 people (including kids) to our house for Christmas dinner.  I asked everyone to bring something as this really takes the pressure off.  But I still made two pies, a cheesecake, sweet potatoes, peppermint biscotti, baked brie, sausage balls, and Patrick made homemade egg nog (with a little bit of help from yours truly).  I had plans to make confetti corn and lefse (a Norwegian flat bread, similar to a tortilla, made with potatoes and flour) but I just didn't have enough time.  (I did pull the potatoes out of the fridge and made some of the lefse today, I think I still have over two pounds of potatoes left.)  It was a lovely meal, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and as always I was very happy we had everyone over.

Christmas Morning





Very Cool.  Someone told Santa about what
a sweet boy Soren is and he got a personal
 letter from the big man.


There are even some missing from this picture, they are either playing
or sitting in the lawn.  It was a beautiful 70* day.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Like a good little Norwegian Soren loved his Lefse.


'LEFSE!'

Comments