Hailey


It's been a little while since I've posted anything, and it's been over a week since I've had one of the most amazing experiences in my life. At the end of last year two of my greatest friends down here announced they were both pregnant. I was (and still am) excited for them. I have to admit the excitement was a little selfish. A few of my dear friends from Seattle and Anchorage have kids now, but because of moving I wasn't able to be there for the whole pregnancy experience. I'm so curious about the whole process, I find it fascinating, and to be honest a bit weird. So when I found out that I had not one, but two girlfriends to watch and maybe help through the experience I was stoked.



Sarah and Christine both have husbands on the same ship as mine, so naturally with them going on deployment there was a chance that neither husband would be back in time for the birth of their children. Sarah was the first to ask me if her husband wasn't back would I be in the delivery room with her? I was stunned. I couldn't believe that I was being honored and blessed with this request. Of course I said yes. Shortly after Christine asked me the same question, only she wanted me to swear that being in the room wouldn't scare me off from helping Sarah. I assured her that I would be fine and would love to do it.

That's where baby Hailey comes in. On Friday June 4 at 7:43pm, after a day in labor and delivery Hailey was born. And I was there from start to finish. I had mentioned to Christine that I was there to help her in any way possible, whether I was in the delivery room, or watching her two year old son. Though while I was telling her that I was praying that I would be in the delivery room. I was so happy to share the day with Christine, her Mom Barrie, and her sister Catie.
From start to finish the experience was incredible. I was so fortunate to be there. Seeing that little girl in the first moments of her life is something that I'll never forget for the rest of my life. I have a bond with Hailey and I'll forever love and care about her.


Christine was so wonderful. She was such a rockstar and I was so proud of her. I have to admit that there was a little part of me that was worried that after seeing her in labor I would be scared off of having kids of my own someday. But watching her handle everything that came her way with such ease and confidence, I thought to myself 'I can do this someday.' But what made it all worth it was seeing Christine hold her little girl for the first time. I have so much respect and love for Christine.



I'm so thrilled to have been able to be there for Hailey's birth. I'm thankful to Christine for allowing me this opportunity. I will remember and cherish it for the rest of my life.

Comments