Siena, how I love thee

Almost ten years ago now (wow, that makes me feel old) I had the pleasure of studying in Siena, Italy for a semester.  More than the opportunity to study the art in Italy and see everything in person, I'll forever have a special place in my heart for Siena because of the friends I made.  One was a reconnection with a lost friend from high school, who happened to be in the same program as me, and another was a new friend.  Both are very dear to me still, and though the miles keep us apart we try our best to keep in touch.  I know that we will be lifelong friends, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

When we found out we were moving to Sicily I was excited to find an opportunity to take Patrick to Siena.  Naturally, for a week vacation in Tuscany one of those stops was Siena.  It's about an hour from Florence, and one of my favorite cities.  It's a beautiful example of a Medieval town, and the cathedral is unique.  We took the day to explore the tiny streets, let Soren chase the pigeons in Il Campo (the main piazza in town), eat a nice lunch, and reminisce about the good times spent in this small Italian town.  Ten years ago when I studied here, I never would have imagined bringing my husband and one year old son back.  Funny how life works sometimes.




So many pigeons, so little time.




We had to dry out Soren's wet socks and shoes at the restaurant.






Comments