Soren's Nautical Party


The Birthday Boy, our love, our pride and joy!
It's come and gone, Soren's birthday party, that is.  We had to postpone it a week since our little sailor was so sick.  I spent months and hours planning and preparing for this party.  I looked for supplies when I was back in the states, pinned many ideas, and cursed over 'designing' some of the items on photoshop.  In the end with the help of Patrick and my parents we pulled it all together and had a wonderful time.

I decided to go with a nautical theme.  I chose red, navy, and aqua for colors.  After I realized it was nearly impossible to find physical nautical scrapbook paper I downloaded some digital paper and made a few things for the party.  I also found my cricut invaluable, there are so many cool things that it can do, even with the limited cartridges that I have.

My friend Richele made Soren's cake.  I cannot say enough about her.  She's wonderful, talented, incredibly sweet, and a dear friend.  I sent her a few ideas for cakes that I saw, and a picture of some of the things I made.  She made a two tier cake, one oreo and one vanilla.  And she made him a beautiful 'smash' cake that he didn't really know what to do with, but he had fun playing with it.


Crab cakes!


Just a little taste.  Mmm!  Cake is delicious.


Great-Grandpa Tom made hats for Soren's party.




A timeline of photos for Soren's first year. 

Some of the decorations I made on photoshop.

Party favors.  Sugar Cookies and rice crispy treats.




Comments

  1. So so so cute, again. :-) Also I have now consumed the entire party favor all by myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment