20 weeks down, 20 more to go

Yesterday was a wonderful day!  Patrick and I had our big ultrasound and we got to see our little one.  Unfortunately the baby was not being cooperative, moving around a lot.  The tech was fairly new and was having problems getting all the pictures and measurements he needed.  After about two and a half hours, and a visit from the senior tech and doctor, our appointment was complete .  I didn't get to see much of what was going on because the screen was angled away from me, but Patrick saw the whole show.  He was amazed!

The night before we were laying in bed and I was making him feel my belly.  There were a few kicks that I was so surprised he didn't feel.  I think that he was getting a little frustrated himself.  After seeing the baby dance in my belly yesterday he felt silly that he couldn't feel the baby moving, since he was able to see how much that little one moves.  I told him that most of the movements that he saw on the screen I couldn't even feel (yet), so I think he felt a bit better.  The baby is moving around all the time now, and I can feel him/her a couple times a day.  It always makes me smile.

We asked not to have the sex revealed to us, as we still haven't decided if we are going to find out or not.  I want to, but Patrick doesn't.  After the doctor came in to take a few more pictures he was able to get a shot of the gender.  We had the tech write it down on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope.  We're going to take the envelope on our trip to Norway, and if we decide to find out we're going to find a cool place to open it there.  I'm hoping we might even find someone to take or picture when we open it.

Unfortunately the printer wasn't working on the ultrasound machine, so we are going to have to go back to get some pictures.  Of course we ran into some friends who had the same problem, and they told us that they only keep the photos for a couple weeks.  They better not delete our photos until we either have a copy in our hands or on a disc.  They will have to deal with a very unhappy mother.  I'll be sure to post them as soon as I can.

In the meantime here's my belly at 20 weeks:

Whoa Mama!

I still can't decide if I'm showing, Patrick assures
me that I am. :)

After our appointment Patrick took me for lunch at the Galley (it was surf and turf day, though I stuck to surf and surf).  Patrick had another motivation in going.  The astronauts from the last shuttle mission were here at Sigonella to meet with people and sign autographs.  Patrick was like a little boy, it was so fun to see him so excited.  He's such a blessing to me, and I'm thankful for him every single day.

Here's my handsome hubby:

Comments

  1. Yes ma'am, you are showing and you look fabulous! If you decide to open the envelope you had better give me a call. I called you from the hospital and you knew before my grandmother...just saying! Plus I lots of shopping to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Love! I will be sure to let you know. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment