You, me, and baby makes three

As my husband pointed out today I have not been very good about updating my blog.  I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that we've been laying pretty low.  Though we have a really good reason for it, we're pregnant!  We found out at the end of April, and have been patiently waiting to spread the news until I got into the second trimester.  Though stuff can still happen, it's far less likely in the last two trimesters (though we can use all the thoughts and prayers you can spare).  I'm about 14 (and a half) weeks along.  Our due date is January 27.

All things considered I've been feeling really well.  I had very mild nausea, but mostly I've been exhausted.  Partly because for a long while I was having very vivid and horrifying dreams, luckily those have calmed a bit.  I sleep about 9 hours at night and still feel the need to take 2-3 hour naps each day.  I'm so lucky that I have the ability to stay home and rest.  Though I have to admit that I do get a bit stir crazy.  I just try to remind myself that this is the last time I'll have all this free time to myself and I had sure as heck better take advantage of it!

We are so excited and to be honest a bit nervous (at least I am).  I was so excited to get pregnant that I don't know if I totally understood what would happen once I was.  Of course I know what's going to happen (I've seen two amazing children being born), but now I know it's in my near future.  Oh goodness, what in the world did I get myself into.  But it's not just the labor aspect.  I'm such a worrier (thanks, mom), and I know that once I have kids my anxiety is going to increase about tenfold.  I'll bet if you ask any parent whether their child is 1 year or 50 years old, they never stop worrying about their babies.

Here's the first ultrasound we got about 5 weeks ago.  We had our second appointment last week and heard the heartbeat (music to my ears).  Our next ultrasound won't be until after we get back from Norway (more on this later!) in September.

Comments

  1. Congrats Emily and Patrick!!! Our pseudo-cousin kids will only be about one month apart then. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow. :)

    I hear ya on the fatigue - I'm just reaching the stage where I don't need the daily naps...though I still partake in them as often a possible. LOL

    Random question - will your baby have dual citizenship? Do they even do that anymore? Charlie and I were just talking about this the other day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment