17 Weeks

The other day I was thinking about something happening in the spring, an event, or something I wanted to do (naturally I can't remember what it was).  And all of a sudden it hit me, we'll have a baby then.  It was such an odd and exciting moment.  It was my first real 'aha' moment so far.  I just quietly smiled to myself and thought of the little bean growing inside of me.  Sometimes it's still hard for me to believe that in a few months I will meet our little one.

This past week Patrick was busy with organizing Relay for Life, which took place on the 20th.  He did a wonderful job, especially with the short timeline he was given.  It was a short relay, only 6 hours, but he organized his commands team, helped set up, ran the booth (they sold ice cream sundays and root beer floats), and stayed until the end to take it all down again.  I'm always proud of my husband, but I was especially proud of this.  He is such an amazing man, and I'm so lucky that he's a part of my life.

On Friday Nicole and I went to the Scordia market.  It's about 30 minutes from here and one of our favorite markets.  It's easy to get to, it's not crowded (because it's spread out), it's easy to find parking, and they have wonderful produce.  I know that it's good to eat produce that's in season, but sometimes I miss eating an apple in the summer.  I also miss berries!  They only have strawberries here, and they are only around for about two months.  I thought I'd show you what I bought at the market this week for around 5 Euro (about $7).  Lots of tomatoes (for a roasted tomato soup I'm going to make), pears, apples (finally found some, but they aren't very good.  Maybe I'll make apple butter, or something.), nectarines (I can't get enough of these this summer.), peaches, and plums.

This week we have our next doctor appointment.  It's always so thrilling to hear the heart rate.  (The doctor told me to ask to hear the heart rate first because I'm so nervous when I get in the room.  When they take my blood pressure it's higher than normal, so they have to take it again later in the appointment, and it's back to a normal range.  What can I say?  I'm a worrier!)  I started feeling the baby move last week, I really wasn't sure at first if what I was feeling was the baby.  But after this week, I think I can be sure.  I feel the twinges a lot more now.  It's so much fun, and I'm enjoying this time with just he OR she and I.  There are times when I lay down and will the baby to move, but already the child doesn't listen to me.  Probably not a good sign!

Comments

  1. Emily and Patrick!!

    Congratualtions on the news of upcoming BABY....what a wonderfully, exciting time. I love the pics and updates you post. Seems like you aren't so far away when we have pictures and info on what you are up to!
    Love you both and take care of yourself...Auntie Babe xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment