Barcelona Day 2

On the second morning we got on the bus and headed back to Sagrada Familia to explore a little more.  Later we went to Park Guell which Guadi also designed.  (Guadi is big in Barcelona.)  Soren ran around, flirted with some ladies, and just generally made people smile.  We are moving back to the states soon and one thing I know I will miss is the European (especially Italians) love for children, and Soren with his blond hair and blue eyes is a show stopper.  I can't take him out in public here without at least one person coming up to dote on him.  I don't say this to brag, it just seems that Italians have a love and appreciation for kids that people in the US don't.  It may be because they have such a low birthrate here.  Most Italians are having 0-1 kids, so they cherish them.

This little boy has stolen my heart.




Patrick made some friends too.





'Hey ladies.'




We were going to go the aquarium, but when we got there, there was so much going on around the aquarium we got caught up and didn't make it in time.  So we grabbed some take away and headed back to our apartment.  It was our last night, and I had yet to try the famous churros and chocolate.  So we went in search of someplace to get some.  None of the many restaurants had any, but luckily (mainly thanks to Patrick's persistence) we found a little street market with a churro booth.  And can I tell you?  They lived up to my expectations, they were awesome!!






Soren also approved of the churros.

Comments