Soren visits Rome

I'm very late in updating my blog.  (I'm sorry to all my faithful readers, all 3 of you.)  I'm trying to catch up as we've been having a lot of fun over here.  My Mother and Father in law came to visit Soren us, and we met them in Rome for Columbus day weekend before bringing them back to Sicily.  We stayed in a great apartment in the heart of the city and went to all the highlights.  Everyone had a marvelous time.  After Rome we brought them back to Sicily for a week.

One of my favorite happenings in Rome (inappropriately so) was one of our rides on the 'hop on hop off' bus.  Soren was on my lap playing with the back of the seat in front of him, or so I thought.  Like all babies Soren goes through stages of doing things, like clapping his hands, grunting, or pulling hair.  And his 'thing' while we were in Rome was pulling hair.  On the bus he reached forward and pulled the hair of the woman in front of him, but much to my embarrassment the woman was wearing a wig.  I can't tell you how bad I felt.  Luckily, she was so incredibly pleasant and understanding.  She even joked that it wasn't that bad, 'It could have been worse, he could have pulled it off and threw it off the top of the [open air] bus.'  Oh Soren, never a dull moment with you.

Here are some of the highlights.

Playing in Trevi Fountain 


With Grandpa Steve in front of the Pantheon

Touring the Vatican Museum

Crawling at the Vatican Museum

St. Peter's Basilica

Getting some love from Grandma Debbie

Grandma and Grandpa at the Roman Forum

Soren napping near the Colosseum

Soren ready for his first history lesson



St. Angelo Castle with St. Peters in the background.

Soren enjoying a Roman bath

Temple of Concordia Agrigento, Sicily



Enjoying one of his favorite things, pasta!


With friends at the agriturismo.

Hanging in an olive tree.

Elephant square Catania, Sicily.

Siricusa, Sicily

'Oh, Grandma, you get me every time!'

Comments