Life in Sicily

Sometimes I feel like a jerk.  We're living abroad with so many opportunities to have adventures and travel the world, but often I miss the states.  I miss being close to my friends and family, whom I love dearly.  I miss heading to Target or the grocery store and knowing that I'll find exactly what I need.  Or even if I don't that there are about 10 other places I can go to get that item.  I miss going out to dinner and having a variety of food choices.  There are many other things.  But we only have a short time left here and I'm sure that when we leave and are back in the states I'll miss Sicily.  I have to remind myself of this and remember to live in the now.  Sometimes as a military wife that is very hard to do, because you are always thinking about your next move, sometimes even the move after that.  So I will try my best.  I will fill my days with fun activities and friends here (that I will miss terribly when we leave).

Here are some photos of my sweet boy:

Soren's friend Rowan has a 'thud guard' helmet.  The
floors here are all tile, so we have to be a bit
worried about our kids noggins.  Soren was trying it
on for size.  


Dad came home at lunch to set up his new swing.

My little surfer dude.


Comments