To Alaska and Back

Last week I returned from a three week trip to Alaska.  It was divine!  Luckily the weather cooperated and it snowed nearly 15 inches while I was there.  My dad hated it, I loved it.  I did volunteer to shovel for him, but for some reason he turned me down.  The getting there and back part was no fun at all.  Traveling 25 hours at any time is never enjoyable, but while 30 weeks pregnant is nearly unbearable.  I do not plan on doing that again, as long I can help it.  That's why whenever anyone asks me what kind of special power I would like I always choose teleportation.

About a month before going my Mom was commenting on how sad she was that she wasn't able to see my pregnant belly in person.  Meanwhile, I was commenting on how much I was missing my parents, and the states.  Luckily, it worked out that I was able to make a trip home.  My parents were able to see and feel my pregnant belly, and I was able to get some relaxing time in at home.

My mom and I got some shopping done (of course), I was able to spend some quality time with my dear friends and family, I ate at Moose's Tooth (and various other restaurants), walked through Target, and went to see the latest Twilight with one of my best friends.  Before leaving for Alaska I was having a hard time deciding whether or not to go.  I really didn't want to leave Patrick.  Throughout this pregnancy my love and ardor has grown more and more.  He's been the most admirable husband, supporter, and friend.  Though it was hard to leave, I'm glad that I did.

While home I also took some maternity photos.  I wasn't sure if I really wanted to, especially without Patrick being there, but I'm so very glad that I did.  They turned out beautifully, having to do more with the photographer and backdrop than anything.  Here are a few samples of our shoot:




Photos by Ronalyn of R and P Photography, Anchorage

Comments