Anniversary

Most of you know the story of Patrick and I, but since it's such a great story I'll tell you again.  Patrick and I met in high school.  We became fast friends, he always had (and still has) a knack for making me laugh.  Our freshman year of college we did a fairly good job of keeping in touch, in fact I still have the card and the CD mix he made me for Christmas.  But like most of my high school friends I lost touch with him over time (crazy enough facebook was not invented yet, gasp!). 

After studying for a year in London I came back briefly to Anchorage, and happened to run into Patrick at Moose's Tooth.  (For those unfortunate souls who don't know what a Moose's Tooth is, it's only the best pizza place around, anywhere, on any continent.)  We started hanging out, and well what do you know two and a half years later we were married.  Patrick proposed on August 28th, and we were married on October 24th. 

We decided that we would have a civil ceremony and later would have a beautiful wedding.  So when I decided to go down for a Dine Out for Patrick's new ship, we though that would be a good time to get hitched.  We talked both our parents into coming down to Jacksonville to stand as our witnesses, and we went down to the local family courthouse (which happened to be in a strip mall, so romantic, I know!).  And with our parents by our sides we swore under oath that we had never been married and that we were not related.  After the short and sweet ceremony we made our way to the Dine Out, where I'm sure people thought we were crazy.  And we were, crazy in love, that is.

This year for our anniversary I came up with quite possibly one of the best ideas I've ever had in my life, Thanksgiving dinner/Anniversary celebration!  We are going to be away from our house for Thanksgiving this year.  Some of you may know where, but because of security purposes I'm not supposed to throw it out into cyberspace until after we return.  Trust me lots of pictures and details will follow.  So I made us a small feast for dinner.  The menu: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, dressing, green bean casserole, gravy, rolls, and of course homemade pumpkin pie.  It was so much fun that it might be a new tradition.  Why not?

Comments