Baby Shower


Last month my dear friend Nicole threw me a baby shower.  It was incredibly thoughtful and sweet.  I was unsure whether to even have a baby shower, because while I have some friends here, I don't have all that many.  I wasn't sure that I wanted Nicole, or anyone to go through the trouble of a shower.  When I told Nicole she said that was fine, but little did I know that she and Patrick were planning to have one anyway.  I have the best friends and the sweetest husband!

The theme of the shower was books.  I love to read, and while I have a kindle now I love just going in to bookstores to have a look around.  I can't wait to read books to my little one, and hopefully instill in him the joy of reading as well.  Nicole made the decorations herself, with a little inspiration from Pinterest.  They were so adorable!  My friend Richele who is a very talented baker, cake decorator, and artist made the cupcakes.  There were red velvet, salted caramel, and chocolate.  My favorite, and probably everyones favorite was the salted caramel.  I only tried one at the shower, but I brought a few home to try.  Too bad Patrick demolished them before I even had a chance.

One of my favorite details was a game that Nicole arranged.  She had Patrick come over one night after work, before coming home, and had a list of questions for him to answer about my pregnancy.  She filmed him answering them, and they were so great!  I laughed, I cried, I loved every minute.  Some of the questions I didn't even get right, but he did.  I thought it would be fun for those back home to see the questions and watch the video below of Patrick answering them.  I'm sure that it probably would have been fun, but after trying about 20 times to upload the video, it won't work!  I'll give you a short recap, Patrick was adorable and sweet and this video made my day.

1. What food has Emily craved the most during her pregnancy?
2. What is Emily's favorite part about being pregnant?
3. How many times has Emily thrown up?
4. What was the first thing Emily did when she found out she was pregnant?
5. How many times a night does Emily get up to pee now that she's in her 3rd trimester?
6. What features does Emily hope the baby inherits from Daddy?
7. What feature does Emily hope the baby inherits from Daddy?
8. What is her least favorite part of pregnancy?
9. What gender was Emily secretly hoping the baby would be?
10. What is the main thing Emily thinks about when daydreaming about your little boy?
11. What's the strangest food combo Emily has had?
12. What will be Emily's favorite lullabies to sing to Baby A?
13. How would you rate Emily's moodiness during this pregnancy on a scale of 1 to 10?

It was such a beautiful shower, and a wonderful time to get together with friends.  I was so pleased that Nicole had asked to throw it for me.  She has been a truly amazing friend these past ten years, and I'm very lucky to have her in my life.















Comments

  1. I just relived it through all these photos. It was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment