Ireland Day 3 and 4

One the morning of our third day in Ireland we caught a small ferry across the river Shannon on our way to the Dingle Peninsula.  We stopped at a quaint farmer's market along the way where I picked up some tea and perhaps a treat.  We then took our time driving south along the coast to Conors Pass.  It was a spectacular drive.  The road through Conors Pass is extremely narrow, and lucky for us we didn't encounter any cars coming the other way.







There is a nice pull out near the top with a beautiful waterfall where we stopped to enjoy the view.  Soren and I explored the rocks and moss.  I handed Soren off to Patrick to make my way up another route, on the way down (even with my awesome purple rain boots of power) I slipped on a rock and landed rather firmly (and very uncomfortably) on my bum.  I had to change my wet pants and take some ibuprofen, and aside from a bruise here or there I was okay.





We went to our bed and breakfast The Pax House (trust me, if you are going to Dingle, stay here!), where I was greeted by name and showed around.  Soren was sleeping, so after John (the proprietor) quietly grabbed our bags we took advantage of the beautiful day to drive around the Dingle Peninsula.  It was glorious.  I had gone around The Ring of Kerry on my previous visit to Ireland, and much preferred the less touristy Dingle Peninsula.  We took our time, stopping to admire the views and reading about the history of the area.  We found a nice spot to get out and go for a walk.








On our return to town we stopped off for a nice Irish dinner and made our way back to our B&B.  The next morning we left Soren in the room to finish our nap while we started an delicious breakfast.  We had fresh fruit, warm pears simmered with cloves, rhubarb, fluffy scones with clotted cream (yum!), oatmeal with Baileys Irish Cream and whiskey soaked raisins, then (Yes, there's more!) Patrick had the fry up and I had lox with scrambled eggs.  Good thing Soren woke up to help us finish our meal.




After our delectable breakfast we hit the road, with our ultimate destination Dublin, but stopping at the Blarney Castle along the way.  Patrick had to experience kissing the Blarney Stone, after all.  The drive was long, but Soren was awesome!  He woke up about an hour before we found our Bed and Breakfast in Dublin, but he played quietly in his car seat.  I got directions from the proprietor in Dublin, but after driving through the city, I was surprised we found the place.  But we did on the first try.











Comments