Trip to the States

A couple weeks ago we made a trip back to the states for my brother-in-law's wedding.  We went for 10 days, and let me tell you the older I get the harder traveling gets.  Geez.  The last few times that I've come to and fro from Europe has been for extended stays.  So I haven't had to deal with ridiculous jet lag.  I've had plenty of time to adjust, but coming back here after a 10 day trip I was wrecked.  Of course, the trip was absolutely worth it, and we had a wonderful time.

We flew in about a week before the wedding so we had some time to hang out with family and enjoy our time back in the States.  Which for me depending on where I am (and we were in Fargo, ND) can mean a few different things.  In Fargo that meant Target and Taco Bell.  Sad, but true.  I suppose it's the little things in life.  :)  We were able to relax, well I was, Patrick was off having boy time with his brothers (which I'm very glad that he got to do).  I also got an iPad, which was awesome!!

The wedding festivities started Thursday night with the dress rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner followed at the Fargo Air Museum.  The dinner was fantastic!  Being that (like me) Patrick's immediate family lived in Alaska, it was an Alaskan themed dinner.  With salmon and halibut olympia (if you don't know, you should).  The next day the wedding festivities started.  Ross and Jenny got married at a place about 20 minutes from Fargo called Rustic Oaks.  It's an old farm with a great old red barn.

The wedding was held outside, and unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, it was a bit cold and rainy.  But overall it was a nice ceremony, with one of my favorite parts Erik (youngest brother-in-law) singing.  Jenny looked absolutely beautiful and Ross was very handsome.  We had a good time catching up with family, even a few old friends from high school.  They hired a live band and we danced and laughed until our hearts content.





The following Sunday Patrick, Debbie, Steve (my awesome in-laws), and I went to a Twins game.  Of course Patrick was beyond pumped for that.  Even though I'm usually a Mariners fan (what can I say?), I sported a Twins shirt and cheered with the best of them.  It was a great game, and we had a wonderful time.  It was especially nice to have some time with just Patrick's folks.


Minnesota wild rice soup.


Overall we had a wonderful time.  I tried to make it up to Alaska for my mom's 60th (your welcome mom) birthday, but when they wanted to charge me $3,700 to change my ticket (that didn't even include getting up to Alaska) I made my way back with Patrick.  I have to admit I miss the states more than I had expected, and it was nice to get a little taste of home.

Comments